Sr. Manager, IBX Operations
Join a world leader in the data center industry. Our client is protecting, connecting and powering the digital economy by bringing more companies across 52 markets on five continents. Their management team leads by example. They focus on finding new ways to bring innovation, leadership and quality to the work they do every day.
- Manage the continuous (7x24) operation of an International Business Exchange™ center.
- Lead, manage, and recruit IBX Network Technicians.
- Manage security services and facility services (HVAC, electrical, and mechanical equipment).
- Manage building of equipment cages and installation of cabinets based on customer demand.
- Schedule workforce and manage assignments to meet customer commitments.
- Manage all customer contact at the site.
- Cross-train and develop all site-based staff.
- Manage and execute internal, corporate and technical policies and procedures.
- Witness-test all equipment during startup with construction/installation representatives.
- Carry out the testing, PM’ s, and maintenance schedules, as developed.
- Ensure spare part min/max levels are met at all times (in conjunction with the Network Operations Engineering Manager).
- Initiate and foster formal continuous improvements in all areas.
Share experiences and lessons-learned with other IBX Site Managers and appropriate corporate groups.
Qualifications & Experience
- B.S. or equivalent preferred. MBA or technical master’ s degree or equivalent experiences a plus.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in operations management field.
- Minimum 10 years overall background in network and computer support.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience managing groups that provide diverse technical support in a multi-platform computing & networking environment.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, effective analytical abilities, and good interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently to develop and lead a team to deliver customer service excellence.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Exceptional and demonstrated customer relationship experience and skills.
Able to walk, sit, and stand for extended periods of time.