Team Leader - Maintenance
21511 Division Street Crest Hill, IL 60403
The Maintenance Team Leader supervises a unit responsible for maintaining the plant’ s equipment, buildings and facilities. In addition to providing technical expertise regarding maintenance, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic engineering. With direction from the Plant Engineer, ensure that the maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Coordinates the efforts of maintenance, electric, and hydraulic work teams and provides maintenance and mechanical engineering support to those teams.
- Mentors and motivates associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Communicates performance standards to associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment, planning and implementing corrective action. Notifies department of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and quality problems or supplies needed.
- Schedules preventive maintenance checks and inspection of assigned equipment ensuring no disruption to the production schedule.
- Analyzes and records cause of production delays on daily production report. Maintains and reports other required operational information to management.
- Ensures that plant facilities and grounds are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations, company and regulatory standards and fiscal consideration.
- Assists in preparing major equipment bids, recommending purchase when replacement or new equipment is required. Represents the company’ s position and interest in dealing with outside contractors, vendors, and engineering consultants.
- May have responsibility for plant safety including and coordinating annual fire safety inspections with local fire departments; arranging and coordinating internal safety inspections; and implementing solutions to identified safety deficiencies.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Assists in annual budget preparation as it relates to safety and maintenance of facilities, grounds, and equipment.
- May direct the machine parts storeroom operation in smaller facilities.
- Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies and systems and engineering concepts.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Rich Products Corporation’ s business objectives.
- Work directly with Process Improvement Teams and assist in preparation and execution of team charters.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment requiring knowledge of refrigeration, plumbing, industrial electrical and mechanical systems and maintenance, and automated manufacturing process controls and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of preventative maintenance techniques/scheduling and safety management
- Working knowledge of FA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitation processes/procedures and HACCP
- Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and associate safety, OSHA standards, product quality (success rates), cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield)
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand complex mathematical equations
- Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software