Team Leader/Supervisor - 2nd Shift Production/Plant
200 Glyndale Drive Brunswick, GA 31520
Supervises multiple operating units responsible for converting raw materials into finished product in a safe, sanitary, cost-effective, and efficient manner that meets company quality standards.
Adheres to production schedules, assigning staff to ensure that production quotas are met for finished goods inventories. Minimizes waste and cost and ensures conformance to safety and quality standards
Mentors and motivates associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth. Communicates performance standards to associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
Directs requisitions for maintenance and repair of production equipment, and for machine parts and manufacturing supplies. Recommends improvements in machinery and equipment and in manufacturing methods.
May organize the crews necessary for reconditioning product removed from the freezers, or from production, for reprocessing or repackaging, and ensure these functions are performed in an efficient manner. Ensures Company standard practices and procedures are followed.
Maintains and reports production-related information regarding yields, efficiencies and labor utilization to management.·
Ensures that all GMP and safety standards are in compliance.·
Identifies the temporary staffing needs of unit for the following day or week, and arrange for the presence and assignment of temporary or regular labor to the unit prior to line start-up.
Participates in weekly GMP, sanitation and safety inspections throughout the production departments and corrects, or issues work orders to correct, any identified deficiencies. Follows up on work orders, with the appropriate Associates to ensure expeditious performance of the requested work.
Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies and systems.
Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Rich Products Corporation' s business objectives.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations, Food Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- 5 years supervisory experience in a food-processing, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing organization, preferably using computerized manufacturing equipment
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation processes/procedures and HACCP
- Demonstrated understanding of production scheduling and other production variables such as run-rates, processing times, change-over times, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and associate safety, OSHA standards, product quality (success rates), throughput delivery and cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield)
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand complex mathematical equations
- Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software