Technical Training Engineer
Farmington Industrial Park Farmington, CT 06032
Join the largest manufacturer of fabricating equipment and industrial lasers in North America. Our client offers innovative, high-quality products and solutions in the areas of sheet metal processing, laser-based production processes and electronic applications.
POSITION: Technical Training Engineer
Instruct and train customers and employees as applicable on machines for product training, operation, maintenance, and programming. This includes training in standardized classes in the training center and individualized classes on customer sites.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
1. Present training classes to employees and customers on the applicable product line(s).
2. Evaluate existing training procedures and manuals and review with Training Manager. Implement improvements to meet customer demand and to achieve highest customer satisfaction.
3. Interface with technical writers and curriculae developers in compiling and reviewing documentation and data.
4. Support the implementation of Training 4.0 strategies (i.e. webinars and virtual class rooms).
5. Travel to customer locations and/or other facilities in the US and abroad for training or research needs (up to 25% travel).
6. Maintain records on training schedules and personnel trained.
7. Provide evaluations on Service Engineers while in training.
8. Provide evaluations of own training course by students.
9. Participate in projects, Continuous Improvement and SYNCHRO activity.
An in-depth technical background is required on CNC sheet metal machine tool products. Additionally, training and field service experience is strongly preferred. Must have strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong PC skills (OS, networking, Office).
2-year technical school degree in Engineering or suitable equivalent of education / work experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive hourly pay, OT, complete corporate benefits to include major medical, dental and 401 (K). Tremendous growth opportunity!