CNC Operator/Set up
1675 Todd Farm Drive Elgin, IL 60123
Our Client is a world-class manufacturer of Modified Packaging Machines & Equipment. We design and manufacture your MAP Packaging Machine and other products from the ground up. This results in faster delivery times, better controlled costs, and second to none after-market sales support. With our facility centrally located in Elgin, Illinois, we provide superior responsive service along with our superior machines.
Job Description: 2nd Shift (3-1130pm) $2 Shift Differential
Perform duties to Program Using Feature Cam, set up, operate and repair Vertical Machining Centers 4 axis and CNC Lathes. Plan, construct, alter and repair a wide variety of Fixtures and Tools. Work from existing programs, equipment manuals, prints, work orders and instructions.
1. Write, modify, edit and troubleshoot programs as required.
2. Work with engineering personnel and operators to coordinate machining of work pieces.
3. Set up equipment using common hand tools, set controls and input program instructions to get maximum capacity out of equipment.
4. Insert and indicate in tooling, modify programs as necessary and operate equipment.
5. Run test samples and check with required tooling as necessary, monitor equipment operation and make operating adjustments as required.
6. Gauge finished work piece to ensure part is within tolerances.
7. Finish work piece using grinders, mills, EDM, and honing equipment.
8. Repair and maintain equipment, including troubleshooting electronic system and perform operating tests.
9. Clean and put away precision measuring and electronic testing equipment.
10. Clean and lubricate equipment as necessary, use correct type and amount of lubrication and apply lubricants neatly.
11. Fill out parts requisitions, tool requests, and other required paperwork.
12. Follow all written quality and other procedures.
Use a variety of machine tools, precision and electronic inspecting tools and general machine shop equipment and hand tools. Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
· 3-5 years of experience Programming and Setting up / running CNC Mills and Lathes
· Feature Cam programming knowledge and experience
· Knowledge of basic machine skills (such as lathes, grinders, EDM sinkers, mills)
· Certified Tool & Die Maker or equivalent years of experience
· CAD/CAM knowledge is helpful but not required
· Able to read micrometer, gauges and comparator. Also able to read blueprints.
· Proven mechanical ability (Mechanical aptitude test will be required)
· Good computer skills and math skills
· Good verbal & written communication skills
· Good organization skills; able to prioritize and plan multiple tasks simultaneously
· Self motivated; proactive in improving processes and anticipating needs/problems
· Team player; able to work well with a wide variety of people
· Quality and safety focused
· Able to read and write fluently in English
· Must be willing to work some overtime
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive hourly rate (Depending on Experience). Complete corporate benefits (Health, dental insurance), 401K...15 days PTO, 11 holidays. Benefits begin after 30 days.