Field Service Engineer
Boston, MA 02101 US
Join a rapidly growing company that provides world-class global customer support to the joint networking community with network engineers and planners. Since inception, the company has evolved into a highly skilled team of professional IT and communications engineers, planners and operators with a deep affiliation and history supporting the Joint Communication Support Element (JCSE) and other DOD and government entities. The company provides services in Smart Lighting Systems, C4, Global end-to-end telecommunication capabilities, Program Management, Intelligence Analysis and Cyberspace Operations and Services.
Field Service Engineer: Program, Commission, Troubleshoot, and Service the Most Advanced Smart Lighting Control Systems
A successful Field Service Engineer / Smart Lightning Systems Programmer will drive for excellence in customer satisfaction, enjoy programming, troubleshooting, and setting up complex systems, as well as have a passion for learning new technology.
In this position, you would be a key part of our expanding Smart Lighting Systems Programming team. As the expert at customer sites, you will ensure that our advanced lighting systems are commissioned and serviced properly, post-installation. This role is an integral part of our customer-focused business model as customers are the foundation of our business. Build your career in an innovative, growing company by developing an advanced knowledge of the OEM's systems and supporting our customers.
- Deliver exemplary customer service in the field
- Complete on-the-job training, classroom training, and web-based courses to become proficient in servicing all client systems.
- Program, troubleshoot, and repair Smart Lighting systems
- Coordinate with on-site contractors and facility managers to ensure proper system installation
- Focus on lifecycle product service (troubleshooting, repair, training end-users, and upgrades)
- Serve as a technical expert for legacy systems and products
- Stay aligned to Client’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- 2 or 4 year college degree in technical field. Military equivalent experience can be substituted for degree.
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- 4 years’ work experience in electronics or electromechanics is a plus
- Experience with troubleshooting electrical systems
- Computer networking experience a plus
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time once qualified (may travel more during initial training)
- Highly organized and accustomed to a fast-paced work schedule
- Must have a Valid driver’s license
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to pass background checks and drug screens, as required
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive base salary plus quarterly bonus potential. Company offers a complete Corporate Benefits package to include Major Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Short-Term Disability Insurance option, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Optional Supplemental insurance option, Generous Vacation and Personal Time, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and Top-Notch Training.