Field Service Technician - Milling
Elk Grove Village, IL 60009 US
As part of the global Corporation, our client draws from an extensive global source of support and innovation. The Corporation employs more than 60, 000 people around the world, across a wide spectrum of industries including machine tools and controls, automotive, aerospace, industrial machinery, elevator, energy, metals, chemical, food and textile. This diversity, strength and stability trickles down to customers— who benefit from massive global R&D efforts and widespread knowledge base.
Our client is searching for a Field Service Technician for Milling/Turning machines machines.
This position requires heavy travel throughout the region, very good communication skills and the mechanical and electrical knowledge necessary to repair, troubleshoot, modify and test complex technical problems on industrial machine tool products for our customers. These services are provided on-site at our customer’ s facilities and via telephone if situation permits.
The Pre-sales, Sales and Installation staff develops innovative solutions from the ground up. They can complement an existing operation with new hardware, software and processes to eliminate bottlenecks, improve accuracy and drive throughput. Our Applications group offers consultative support for new and existing customers while our regionalized Service Network is the most advanced and responsive team in the industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of how to read mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- CNC programming skills a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Diagnose technical problems and troubleshoot via telephone.
- Document in detail product problems and resolutions.
- Ability to operate computer using windows operating systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, customer focused environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Skilled in Electrical measurement and inspection techniques. (Voltmeter, Oscilloscope and other measurement equipment).
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical problems (Ballscrews, bearings, gearing and various systems).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2~3 years’ experience as field service in the machine tool industry is preferred but not required.
- Associates Degree in automotive or electronics preferred.
Compensation and benefits:
Our client offers an extremely competitive salary along with mileage reimbursement, a 401K, Health, Dental and Vision.