1675 Todd Farm Drive Elgin, IL 60123 US
Our Client is a world-class manufacturer of Modified Packaging Machines & Equipment. We design and manufacture your MAP Packaging Machine and other products from the ground up. This results in faster delivery times, better controlled costs, and second to none after-market sales support. With our facility centrally located in Elgin, Illinois, we provide superior responsive service along with our superior machines.
- Installation- technical consultation and installation assistance to on-site personnel or contractor
- Startup- Customer pre-consultation, site readiness preparation, startup monitoring, assist and train
- Equipment Maintenance –perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Repairs – repairing machines and systems, including rebuilds
- Troubleshooting-determine causes of operating errors and taking action to remedy the problem
- Equipment selection-determining correct tools and equipment required to perform the job
- Record Activity – complete service reports, record repairs, warranty and maintenance performed
- Travel-Road Warrior – up to (100%) to U.S. & Canada
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for installation expertise, calibrating, configuring, testing, maintaining, evaluating and troubleshooting, pre-commissioning, commissioning and repair as necessary, to CV-TEK equipment manufactured by, but not limited to, pumps, motors, valves, etc.
- Experience in the Packaging Equipment field preferred
- “Hands on” experience with Electro-Mechanical experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, AC/DC motor control, PLC’s, VFD’s
- Perform scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance of equipment and associated equipment
- Provide installation expertise at customer sites as well as conducting pre-installation assistance.
- Read and review blueprints, plans, specifications and other documentation to prepare for startup or service
- Responsible for on-site training of customer personnel to CV-TEK standards on proper operation of their equipment
- Build customer relationship in a professional manner through solution-oriented communications and service, providing both on-site and telephone support
- Work with engineering, project management, spare parts and management groups to resolve escalated problems
- Provide written service & expense reports to Manager of Field Service & Operations on all activities carried out on site and complete all required documentation in a timely manner
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts resulting from repair
- Make technical recommendations to maintenance technicians and/or plant operators
- Work closely with the Manager of Field Service and service coordinator to ensure site work is carried out in the required order, for completion by the required timeline
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures at all times. Develop and maintain safe habits and practices with regard to safety requirements on site and in the manufacturing facility and report any breaches or concerns on health and safety matters to the Manager of Field Service or HR.
- Ensure all materials, tools and equipment provided to you, are kept safe, and secure. Ensure all are calibrated in good working order to company requirements.
- Assist in manufacturing or engineering with customer projects, as well as unit refurbishment or replacement at the customer site or the manufacturing facility
- Assist the parts department with recommended spare parts and wear parts to existing and new customers
- Provide technical support to other Field Service Specialist in the field
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work & think well independently
- Overtime may be necessary as work load dictates. This may include weekdays or weekends.
- Must maintain valid Driver’s License and must be able to drive a forklift
- Must be able to use a computer for creation of reports and data entry required
- Must be able to use a smartphone and any related applications required for the job or timekeeping
- Must maintain valid passport to take advantage of Factory & Service Training at various customer sites worldwide
- Must have and maintain current inoculations as determined to protect in this field
- Must maintain clean and professional appearance while working with customers, vendors and colleagues
Associate’s degree in a technical field or equivalent is preferred, plus three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and must be detail oriented.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive hourly wage, plus OT, rental vehicles and per diem on company travel, Complete corporate benefits. 11 holidays and 15 days PTO, 401K match.