General Manager- Nut Runner and Servo Press
Shelby Township, MI US
As part of the global Corporation, our client draws from an extensive global source of support and innovation. The Corporation employs more than 60,000 people around the world, across a wide spectrum of industries including machine tools and controls, automotive, aerospace, industrial machinery, elevator, energy, metals, chemical, food and textile. This diversity, strength and stability trickles down to customers—who benefit from massive global R&D efforts and widespread knowledge base.
Our Client is searching for a General Manager for the Nut Runner / Servo Press Business
The General Manager oversees the Nut-Runner & Servo Press distribution business in North America. The General Manager will split time between the facility in Shelby Township and Company HQ in Elk Grove Village IL. Manage the team members, located in Michigan State, including sales, engineering, service support and repair for the product, and expand the business by enhancing sales activities and by strengthening the engineering function to sell more own integrated system of nut-runner and servo press. On a day-to-day basis, he/she will communicate, be consulted and discuss with the team members, and will consult and discuss with both our upper management and the manufacturer in Japan in order to well organize the business. In collaboration with our Sales & Marketing Group, he/she will expand the customer base by sales activities in the Automotive, Construction equipment, Agricultural equipment industries, but not limited to the described industries, including Japanese account.
- Assume responsibility and evaluate, diagnose and provide timely, appropriate response and resolutions to the prospective users and the manufacturer.
- Travel between Head Office in Illinois and facility located in Michigan to promote and build a strong team environment among all employees located at our Michigan facility.
- Team up with the members including sales and engineers of the product located in Michigan State, and the Sales & Marketing Group located at our head office in Illinois State.
- Exercise Independent judgement and discretion to prepare solutions related to the product for users’ best satisfactory.
- Contact and visit prospective users in order to get new customer base as much as possible.
- Strengthening the capability of the system integration of nut-runner and servo press.
- Report and consult with our upper management for appropriate management of the business.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the team members to perform the necessary functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with prospective users, the manufacturer and internal people.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to accomplish sales activities and receiving orders of the system without direct supervision.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate ideas, strategies, problems, and solutions in both verbal and written forms to co-workers, customers and the manufacturer.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time or as job requires, locally and Internationally.
- Bilingual of English and Japanese for speaking, reading and writing.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License and Passport Photograph
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Several years or more working experience in a manufacturing industries, especially system integration business preferred (more years are better)
- Comfortable working with MS Office Suite, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- General electric and mechanical knowledge, preferred
- Basic Mathematical knowledge and trigonometry, a plus
Compensation and benefits:
Our client offers an extremely competitive salary along with Commission, per diem, mileage reimbursement, a 401K, Health, Dental and Vision.