Mechanical Machinery Design Engineer
1675 Todd Farm Drive Elgin, IL 60123
Our Client is a world-class manufacturer of Modified Packaging Machines & Equipment. We design and manufacture your MAP Packaging Machine and other products from the ground up. This results in faster delivery times, better controlled costs, and second to none after-market sales support. With our facility centrally located in Elgin, Illinois, we provide superior responsive service along with our superior machines.
Designs, specifies and tests automated Packaging machines and systems. Must possess experience in flexible packaging equipment, heat sealing technologies, conveying systems, product handling and scale systems. Plans, directs, coordinates and at times performs activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical systems. Experienced in a dual development and production environment. Approximately 20% domestic travel is required and international travel is a possibility.
- Monitors work flow, sets priorities & serves as technical resource for assigned projects for designers.
- Provide customer support, directly & with superiors including reviewing all project requests, suggesting designs/materials.
- Designs custom packaging equipment and material handling products for customers.
- Works closely with manufacturing to ensure that designs can be manufactured.
- Creates prototype drawing specifications using CAD / Solid Modeling for customer approval, external testing and tooling requirements.
- Works with Operations to construct prototype designs for customer review and approval when needed.
- Writes and maintains accurate, up-to-date files for all product specifications.
- Works with Operations when sourcing vendors for the purchase of materials.
- Calculates costs for manufacturing designs.
- Obtains quotes and pricing on certain jobs and required unique tooling.
- BSME with three or more years of experience in the design of capital equipment machinery. (Or equivalent work experience in the packaging industry)
- Demonstrated experience in the design of high technology capital equipment systems or machinery.
- Specific experience in the flexible packaging.
- Experience in food packaging, wash down requirements, line integration, and scaling systems is of interest.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes for fabricating parts and component selection for the meat products and food industries is essential.
- Formal training, and documented experience, in successfully applying project management skills highly desired.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary (Depending on Experience). Complete corporate benefits (Health, dental insurance), 401K...15 days PTO, 11 holidays. Benefits begin after 30 days.