La Porte, TX 77572 US
We believe in family. Our employees grow as we do and for the last 27 years, as a private company, we have grown our family to be the best. We are specialists in vapor management and degassing and take great pride at being the best in the business. We play a major role in ensuring clean air and water across the United States. We make the environment around industrial facilities a better place for our families and community friends to live and succeed. We work hard every day to make the world a healthier place for generations to come. Our employees are our most important resources.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and a substance abuse-free workplace.
The Operations Supervisor manages and assists the Operations Manager with staffing the operations area of the current assigned division. He or she is responsible for all aspects of business unit operations; customer service, new accounts, account servicing, and problem solving. The Operations Supervisor works with the Operations Manager to ensure the assigned division is in compliance with all operational regulations and guidelines. He or she is responsible for maintaining exceptional customer service standards and other duties as assigned. At times when operational/technical support is limited the Operations Supervisor will be required to support with operations in the field. NOTE: Depending on projects, there may be up to 40% travel in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Essential duties may vary according to region, division, area, and/or assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage, coach, and develop crew members by communicating performance expectations and providing on-going feedback.
- Assist staff in resolving issues associated with daily operations as needed.
- Assist in all hands meetings, JSS SCAN procedures, and all safety communications.
- Assign daily work direction to assigned personnel.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are communicated, understood and adhered to.
- Develop strong customer relationships.
- Maintain regulatory requirement knowledge impacting both Envent and Envent’s customer.
- Ability to recommend appropriate equipment and services.
- Attend all safety meetings.
- Provide meaningful information on Envent’s competitors.
- Interface with sale’s representatives or engineers and administration.
- Submit at minimum one SCAN and two yard audits per week.
- Perform required am/pm jobsite safety audits.
- Perform incident accident investigations.
- Report all accidents, incidents immediately to management.
- The Operations Supervisor must understand and effectively manage operational and project goals.
- Able to execute a project from start to finish, communicate to the Operations manager any changes or issues impacting the project, address or report all personnel issues and ensure all equipment is running properly and maintained at a job site.
- The Operations Supervisor must be responsive at all times to the customer. This requires answering the telephone in off hours, weekends and holidays.
- Able to recommend corrective action and provide feedback to management on situations that may impact the company.
- The Operations Supervisor’s job to ensure that operations performs the work properly, get the customer’s good and negative feedback upon completion and share this information with his group.
- Supervisory responsibilities: The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for interviewing, hiring, daily employee time clock approvals, disclipining, terminating and training technicians/crew leaders that report to him/her.
To perform this job successfully, an Associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Associates with disabilities to perform the essential functions
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have the ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of a 24/7 operation.
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple locations throughout the day.
- Able to work across business units and navigate organizational structures to achieve consistent and full compliance with federal, state and local EHS regulations and internal policies to ensure compliance and programs/metrics to drive continuous EHS performance improvement.
- Ability to interact professionally and competently with widely variable internal customers and regulatory agency personnel.
- Must work with a sense of urgency and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated effective people coaching, training and influencing skills
- Analytical, general management, people, and computer skills.
- Excellent language and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). The candidate must be able to pass all site specific facility, company and industry tests.
- Effective negotiating and listening skills.
- Ability to be persistent, patient, creative, and flexible.
- Ability to maintain a high energy level.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to assemble information from a variety of sources.
- Possess self motivation, be responsible and assertive, solve problems, work and achieve agreed upon assigned tasks with little or no supervision and a high degree of common sense.
- The Operations Supervisor position will require travel and being away overnight up to 20% to 50% percent of the time. You will be required to travel by vehicle or airline to meet and work with customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 4 year business, science or engineering degree. Industry experience will be considered in lieu of formal education. Military leaders are encouraged to apply.
- This position requires the ability to understand basic math skills, supervise direct reports, read and interpret technical documents and or procedures, contractual language, safety procedures and requirements.
Competitive Salary, complete corporate benefits.