Pittsburg, CA 94565 US
We believe in family. Our employees grow as we do and for the last 27 years, as a private company, we have grown our family to be the best. We are specialists in vapor management and degassing and take great pride at being the best in the business. We play a major role in ensuring clean air and water across the United States. We make the environment around industrial facilities a better place for our families and community friends to live and succeed. We work hard every day to make the world a healthier place for generations to come. Our employees are our most important resources.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and a substance abuse-free workplace.
The Project Engineer has both project engineering and craft-specific responsibilities for mechanical and electrical designs and installations within the company (nationwide). Responsibly plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and company standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and throughout the corporation.
In addition, the Project Engineer must maintain customer relationships and have a good understanding of the company’s business goals, including all aspects of operations and the environmental regulations that require services. Technical oversight in the field is required and the Project Engineer will also support operations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical, Petrochemical or related discipline) from an accredited institution is required for this position. Two to seven years of experience in the petrochemical, refining, or related industry experience is preferred but not required.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have the ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of a 24/7 operation.
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple locations throughout the day.
- Able to work across business units and navigate organizational structures to achieve consistent and full compliance with federal, state and local regulations and internal policies to ensure compliance and programs/metrics to drive continuous performance improvement.
- Ability to interact professionally and competently with widely variable internal customers and personnel.
- Must be responsive to calls and emails.
- Must work with a sense of urgency and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated effective people coaching, training and influencing skills
- Analytical, general management, people, and computer skills.
- Excellent language and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). The candidate must be able to pass all site specific facility, company and industry tests.
- Candidates must pass a Hair Follicle Drug Screen and be able to get a TWIC card.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS /WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Associates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Associate must have the ability to travel and stay overnight typically up to thirty percent (30%) of the time. Average Travel for this region will be 10%. Travel will be by vehicle or airline to meet and work with customers.
This job will require a mixture of office work and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to stand and walk in an office setting and/or on a field site and communicate on a telephone while meeting with others. The Associate frequently is required to sit at a desk, use fingers to operate a computer keyboard, reach for papers or books with hands and arms, climb a ladder or balance on a roof, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl to operate or troubleshoot equipment. The Associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the Associate may work in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals common to an active site – appropriate PPE is provided and required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) / 401(k) Matching
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Referral program
- Safety equipment provided
- Tuition reimbursement
- Yearly Bonus eligible
- Sign-on Bonus eligible